Journal Articles & Book Chapters
1. “The Evolving Landscape of Terrorist Violence”, in Chenoweth, E., et.al. (eds) The Oxford Handbook of Terrorism, Oxford University Press, forthcoming in 2018.
2. “The Study of Terrorism: Successes, Failures, and Challenges Ahead” (with E. Chenoweth), in Chenoweth, E., et.al. (eds) The Oxford Handbook of Terrorism, Oxford University Press, forthcoming in 2018.
3. “The Struggle for the Soul of IR” (with I. Hamati-Ataya and N. Onuf), in Gofas, A., et.al. (eds) The SAGE Handbook of the History, Philosophy, and Sociology of International Relations, SAGE, forthcoming in 2018.
4. “Contemporary IR Theory and the Legacy of Hans J. Morgenthau”, in A. I. Metaxas (ed.), Handbook of International Relations, Athens: Sideris, 2015 [in Greek].
5. “The Rise of China and the Future of Sino-American Relations: A Theoretical Cartography”, in A. Huliaras (ed.), China in the World, Athens: Papazisis, 2013 [in Greek].
6. “Old vs. New Terrorism: What’s in a Name?”, International Relations / Uluslararasi Iliskiler, 8(32): 2012, pp. 17-31.
7. “The Terrorism-Democracy Nexus and the Trade-Off between Security and Civil Liberties”, in N. Tzifakis (ed.), International Politics in Times of Change, Springer, 2012.
8. “Varieties of Ideational Explanations” (with Colin Hay), in A. Gofas and C. Hay, (eds.) The Role of Ideas in Political Analysis, Routledge, 2010.
9. “Introduction: The Ideational Turn and the Persistence of Perennial Dualisms” (with Colin Hay), in A. Gofas and C. Hay, (eds.) The Role of Ideas in Political Analysis, Routledge, 2010.
10. “Evidence for the Existence of Under-Reporting Bias in Observed Terrorist Activity: The Message in Press Freedom Status Transitions” (with K. Drakos), Democracy and Security, 3(2), 2007, pp. 139-55.
11. “The Devil You Know but Are Afraid to Face: Underreporting Bias and its Distorting Effects on the Study of Terrorism” (with K. Drakos), Journal of Conflict Resolution, 50(5), 2006, pp. 714-35.
12. “In Search of the Average Transnational Terrorist Attack Venue” (with K. Drakos), Defence and Peace Economics, 17(2), 2006, pp. 73-93.
13. “Ideas and Interests in the Construction of EMU: Beyond the Rationalist Bias of the New Ideational Orthodoxy”, Warwick ESRC Centre for the Study of Globalisation and Regionalisation Working Paper Series, No.76/01, 2001, pp. 1-29.
14. “Russia’s Relationship with Europe in the Post Cold-War World”, Greek Political Science Review, 12(1), 1998, pp. 57-80